I mainly knit accessories. This is because:
1. Although I love the process of knitting I don’t have the patience for bigger projects
2. I’m nervous of spending lots of time and money on something that doesn’t fit
3. I can wear accessories in the UK for pretty much all the year
4. I can knit lightweight accessories all year round in the UK without overheating
5. I feel a bit naked without a scarf around my neck!
I made my first lace scarf in January 2010. A really good pattern for a beginner, it is from p/hop, and I really enjoyed making it. (Do have a read about p/hop if you’ve not heard about it. Its a brilliant knitting/msf charity.) since then I have made quite a few others but my Trinity is the one that I wear the most. It is made in Meriono/silk from Violet Green that my little sister bought for my Christmas 2009. I always ask for yarn for Christmas but rarely get any so this was a lovely surprise and a great colour choice.
My plans for neckwear in the near future are to explore the wonderful world of Stephen West. I think that some of my handspan might work well for his multicoloured designs. I’d also like to add something in a more lightweight yarn to my wardrobe for the summer maybe in cotton, linen or bamboo. Right, I’m off to explore my stash then!