Since my last post lots has happened mainly involving moving to a new flat. The one we used to live right in the centre of London (brilliant) was tiny, cold and dark flat (not so good). Due to a ridiculous increase in rent we’ve moved out east and I now have a 40 minute commute (not so bad) and we’re living in a slightly bigger, lighter and warmer flat (much better).
Travelling on the tube rather than walking to work has reminded me why I started knitting socks – they really are the perfect travelling project!
So, my works in progress (or WIPs) this week are…
These are little socks which I started ages ago and found when I was packing to move. I’m only knitting them on the tube so they they are taking a little longer than they would if I was knitting them at home too but nearly there!
My first mystery project which I am loving! It is Roxanne by Liz Abinante a designer who knitters may know from her Travelling Women shawl. I’m using Malabrigo sock yarn for the first time and I am sure it won’t be the last because I am finding it great to work with and the semi solid is showing up the texture really well. I have knit Clue 1 and 2 repeats of Clue 2. The 3rd clue is will be published on Friday and then the final the following Friday. After this I will be on the look out for more mystery knit-a-longs!
A Liesl by Ysolda that has been on hold for a while because I broke a needle but I’ve got a replacement now…
I also have my Swedish Fish Mitts by SpillyJane which are coming along very slowly but are looking pretty cool. I discovered after one attempt that these were not suitable for knitting on the tube at all – too much potential for getting in a tangle. I have learnt to do two handed stranded knitting to make these and they are looking pretty even so far. This was the YouTube clip I found most helpful.Last but certainly not least I have a small project on the go in the form of a sock blanket using a simple but very effective pattern by the Skein Queen. I have cast on enough stitches for it to be wide enough to fit our huge bed and using up the remarkable amount of 4ply I appear to have acquired.This project will be a WIP for some time I think!That’s all for today but for more WIP Wednesday posts see Tami’s blog.